Spanish Coalition for Housing has partnered with Chicago Housing Authority to support the new CHA Community Alliance. This initiative is taken on by our CHA Project Coordinators: Lydia, Luis, and Karla.
Their work under this initiative includes the following:
- Hosting monthly educational workshops in four community areas throughout Chicago (Gage Park, Belmont Cragin, East Side, and Back of the Yards) to increase awareness around CHA housing and employment resources
- Providing resources and information specific to –
- Affordable Senior Housing (prospective senior applicants)
- Section 3 job applicants (public housing residents and Housing Choice Voucher (HVC) participants)
- Section 3 businesses (minimum requirements and experience set forth by CHA)
- Applicants currently under CHA waitlist (HCV program, Public Housing program, Property Rental Assistance (PRA) program)
- Prospective Scattered Site Applicants (Scattered Sites program consist of individual and or multi-unit properties throughout the City of Chicago)
Are you interested in learning more about available CHA housing and employment resources? Please register for an upcoming workshop. Just click on one of the location buttons (listed below) to register and learn more!